Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Skins
MNBowlingForums
MNBowlingForums ->  Minnesota Bowling Forums -> Getting Started -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Dammit! -Brad Subak
- (Added by: Administrator)

Hurricane Harvey provides lab for U.S. forecast experiments
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Minnesota Bowling Forums -> Getting StartedMessage format

wang1993
Posted 2017-09-03 8:59 PM (#40671)
Subject: Hurricane Harvey provides lab for U.S. forecast experiments

Pro Bowler

For years, U.S. forecasters Addison Russell Womens Jersey have envied their colleagues at the European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF) in Reading, U.K., whose hurricane prediction models remain the gold standard. Infamously, the Andre Dawson Jersey National Weather Service (NWS) in 2012 failed to predict Hurricane Sandy's turn into New Jersey, whereas ECMWF was spot on. But two innovations tested during Hurricane Harvey, one from NASA Blank Jersey and another from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), could help level the playing field. NOAA's offering is a brand-new forecasting model. Two years ago, NOAA's Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (GFDL) in Princeton, New Jersey, won David Ross Jersey a competition to provide computer code for the next-generation weather model. Current NWS models must wait for results from Fergie Jenkins Jersey a time-consuming global simulation before they can zoom in on a smaller area and run a high-resolution model for hurricanes. GFDL's new code can simulate storms at the same time as it runs globally. That Jake Arrieta Jersey should improve forecasts for hurricane paths because the model's fine-scaled predictions can feed immediately into its next run, rather than lagging behind.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
HYst
Posted 2017-09-03 9:13 PM (#40685 - in reply to #40671)
Subject: Re: Hurricane Harvey provides lab for U.S. forecast experiments

League Bowler

Darryl. Nike Factory Outlet Stuck on Boutique Ugg Treasure Island, scarpe nike his Adidas Superstar side stitched up, taken Michael Kors Outlet out of hiscell for endless rounds of Nike Air Max Sale questioning about the terrorists.

Darry's father, ruined Cheap Louboutin Heels and boozy, Hyperdunk 2014 unshaven. Washed up and nike schuhe günstig in hisuniform, "for the günstige nike schuhe photos." Weeping like Stone Island Outlet a little Moncler Outlet boy.

My own father, and the Nike Air Pas Cher way that he had been changed by my disap-pearance Nike Air 90 to Cheap Michael Kors Treasure Island. He'd been just as ジョーダン スニーカー broken reebok running shoes as Darryl's Nike Air Max Cheap father,but in his own Adidas Soccer Cleats Cheap way. And his face, when Ugg Pas Cher En France I chaussures nike pas cher told chaussure adidas pas cher him where I'd been.

That Cheap Real Jordans was when I knew that I couldn't run.

That was when Adidas Originals Stan Smith I knew that I had to stay and fight.

264Masha's breathing was deep Nike Air Women and regular, but when huarache sneakers I reached with gla-cial slowness into her Hugo Boss Sale pocket Chaussure Air Max for her phone, Cheap Michael Kors Handbags she snuffled a little and shif-ted. I ugg clearance froze and didn't even breathe for a Nike Air Sneakers full two Moncler Outlet Online minutes, counting onehippopotami, two hippopotami.

Slowly, her botas de futbol breath deepened again. I tugged the phone free of nfl store herjacket-pocket one millimeter at a time, my fingers and arm tremblingwith the effort of vans shoe store moving 23 IS BACK Store so slowly.

Then I Nike Online Store had it, a little candy-bar shaped thing.

I turned to head for nike sneakers the light, when I had a Zapatillas Nike Air Max Baratas flash Canada Goose Womens Coats of Chaussure Nike Pas Cher memory: Mens Nike Air Max Charles,holding toms shoes outlet out Cheap Air Max Trainers his nike air jordan pas cher phone, waggling it at us, taunting Vans Black Sneakers us. It had been acandy-bar-shaped phone, silver, plastered in the logos of a Discount Ray Ban Sunglasses dozen North Face Outlet com-panies Christian Louboutin Heels that Yeezy Men had subsidized the cost of the handset through the Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 For Sale phonecompany. It was the Louboutin Wedding Shoes kind of UGG BOOTS FOR WOMEN phone where you had to listen to Cheap Air Max a commer-cial every Nike Air Max Goedkoop time you Adidas Originals Sale made a call.

It was too dim to see the phone clearly in the truck, but I womens nike air max could Nike Outlet feel it.

Were those company decals on Nike Polo Sale its sides? Yes? Yes. I had just converse store stolenCharles's phone from Masha.

I turned back around slowly, slowly, and slowly, slowly, slowly, Ireached back into her pocket. Her phone was canada goose jacket outlet bigger and Nike Air Damen bulkier, with abetter camera and who knew what Soccer Boots Outlet nike else?

I'd been through this once before — that made it a Cheap Nike Free Run little easier. Milli-meter by millimeter Adidas Superstar Sale Online again, I teased ugg store it free Nike Store of her pocket, stopping twicewhen Scarpe Nike Scontate she snuffled and twitched.

I had the phone free of her nike sb stefan janoski pocket and Nike Air Shoes I was beginning Doudoune Moncler Site Officiel to Pandora Style Beads back awaywhen nike sportschuhe her hand shot out, Coach Outlet Store Online fast as Descuentos Nike a snake, and grabbed TOMS SHOES OUTLET my wrist, hard, fin-gertips grinding away at the small, tender air force one pas cher bones below my hand.

I Canada goose dam gasped and stared into Masha's wide-open, staring Zapatillas Air Max eyes.

"You are such an idiot," she said, conversationally, Boost Yeezy Sale On Line taking the phonefrom me, punching Nike Pas Cher Femme at its Jordan Shoes For Cheap keypad with Air Jordan Retro Sale her other hand. "How did Kobe Shoes Nike youplan on unlocking this again?"I swallowed. coach factory outlet online I felt bones grind against each other in my wrist. I bit mylip to keep from crying nike shoes out.

She nike tn pas cher continued to punch Nike Kyrie away with her other hand. "Is this what youthought you'd get away with?" She showed me the picture of all Nike Shoes Sale Store of us,Darryl and Canada Goose Online Store Jolu, Negozi Pandora Van Air Nike and me. "This picture?"I didn't TOMS For Sale say anything. My wrist felt like it Moncler Outlet Store would shatter.

265"Maybe I should just delete it, nike jordan shoes take temptation out Air Max Pas Cher of your way." Herfree hand moved Jordan Shoes Air some canada goose jackets on sale more. Her phone asked her Nike Tn Requin Pas Cher if she was sure Bottes Ugg Femme Pas Cher andshe had to look at it Air Max 90 to find the Nike Roshe Run right button.

That's new yeezy shoes when I Yeezy Shoes Discount Marketplace moved. I Air max levně had Charles's phone in my other hand still, andI Nike Shoes Discount Marketplace brought it down on Toms Factory Outlet her Doudoune Moncler Femme Pas Cher crushing hand as Air max dam hard as Air Max Femme I could, Nike Air Huarache For Sale banging myknuckles on the table overhead. I Adidas Originals Superstar hit pandora outlet store her Air Max Sneakers hand so hard the phoneshattered Christian Louboutin Shoes Outlet and she Toms Outlet Online yelped and Nike Shox discount Sale her hand went slack. Pandora Store Sale I was still moving,reaching for her other hand, for her now-unlocked phone with herthumb still poised Boty Nike Air over the OK key. Her fingers Moncler Jackets Discount Marketplace spasmed on the emptyair as I snatched chaussure basket homme the phone out of her new jordan releases hand.

I Nike Roshe Run Sale moved down the cheap nike air max narrow corridor on hands and knees, heading forthe Official Toms Shoes Outlet light. I TOMS OUTLET felt her hands Pandora Official Website slap at my feet and ankles twice, and I had toshove aside some of the boxes that had walled us in like a Pharaoh in atomb. Cheap True Religion Jeans A few of zapatillas nike baratas them Cheap Toms Outlet Store fell down behind me, and I heard zapatos de futbol nike Masha gruntagain.

The rolling truck Adidas Yeezy Cheap door was Cheap Nike Air Huarache open a crack and I dove for it, Nike Huarache Womens Cheap slitheringout Nike Air Jordan 11 under Official NHL Jerseys it. The steps had been removed and I found myself TOMS STORE hangingover the road, sliding headfirst into it, UGGS Outlet clanging Scarpe Air Max my head Discount Air Max off the Timberland Outlet blacktopwith Nike Soccer Cleats Boots a thump that rang Reebok Outlet Store my ears Moncler Sale like a gong. I scrambled suivre un envoi to my モンクレール レディース feet, hold-ing the bumper, and desperately dragged down on the door-handle,slamming longchamp bags on sale it shut. Masha screamed inside Hogan Outlet — I must have caught her fin-gertips. I felt like throwing up, but I didn't.This chapter is Ray Ban Sunglasses Online dedicated to Waterstone's, Cheap Retro Jordans For Sale the national UK booksellingchain. Waterstone's Discount TOMS is a chain of stores, but each one has fitflops sale uk the feel of agreat independent store, with tons of personality, great Adidas Neo Discount Sale stock (especiallyaudiobooks!), and knowledgeable cheap uggs for women staff.

WaterstonesSo we told her. I found it really Michael Kors Clearance fun, actually. Teaching people cheap uggs how touse technology is always exciting. It's so cool to watch people newest lebron shoes figure outhow the technology around them Cheap True Religion Jeans can be used to make their lives better.

Ange was great too — we made moncler jacket sale an excellent Discount Christian Louboutin Shoes team. Jordan Store We'd Michael Kors trade off ex-plaining Air Max Kopen how it all worked. Jordan Sneakers For Sale Barbara was Cheap Michael Kors Tote Bag pretty good at this stuff to beginwith, of course.

It turned out adidas store that she'd covered the Ugg Pas Cher Femme crypto wars, the period in the adidas outlet earlynineties when civil liberties groups like the Nike joggesko Electronic Frontier Founda-tion Nike Outlet Store fought for the right of Americans to use strong crypto. I dimly knewabout that period, but Barabara louboutin heels explained it ADIDAS NMD SALE ON LINE in a way Nike Shoes Online that made Ugg boots Sale me getgoose-pimples.

It's nike air unbelievable today, but there Pandora Outlet was New Air Max 2017 a time when the governmentclassed crypto as a munition and Coach Bags On Sale made new pandora charms it illegal for anyone to export oruse it on national security grounds. Get that? We used Cheap Toms Shoes Outlet to have illegalmath ugg factory outlet in this country.

The National Security Agency were the real Adidas NMD For Sale movers behind the ban.

They had a crypto standard that they said was strong Ugg Outlet Online Store enough forbankers Yeezy Black and their customers to Doudoune Moncler Pas Cher use, but not so Michael Kors Handbags Discount strong that the mafiawould be able to keep its books secret Uggs Pas Cher Soldes from them. Nike Factory Store The standard, DES-56,was said Yeezy Boost Sale Online to be Abercrombie and fitch store practically Pandora Store unbreakable. Then Billige Nike Sko one of EFF's millionaire co-founders built a New Nike Shoes $250,000 DES-56 cracker that could break the cipher intwo christian louboutin outlet hours.

Still the NSA argued nike mercurial soccer cleats that Pandora Store it should prada outlet be able Nike Free Run 5.0 Womens to keep American citizensfrom possessing Canada Goose Outlet secrets it couldn't pry into. Then Canada Goose Outlet EFF dealt Original Ugg Boots its death-223blow. In 1995, they represented a pandora jewelry store Berkeley mathematics retro jordans for cheap grad studentcalled Dan Bernstein in court. Bernstein Nike Shox Cheap had written a crypto pandora beads tutorial thatcontained computer The official UGG code that could be Uggs For Cheap used to make a cipher strongerthan asics sko DES-56. Millions of times stronger. As far Adidas Shoes Discount Marketplace as the NSA was con-cerned, that made his article Chaussure Nike Air Max Pas Cher into a weapon, and therefore Cheap Nike Huarache unpublishable.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software